Dr. Vic Weatherall
For those who have severe arthritis, “living pain-free” with arthritis can be very difficult. However, many people with arthritis have learned how to manage their condition and lead comfortable and productive lives. Arthritis can often be well managed with a combination of good lifestyle and supportive care such as manual therapy and medication where required.
Learning effective daily living strategies to manage your arthritis gives you a greater feeling of control and a more positive outlook. To get the best results, people affected by arthritis need to form close ties with their health care providers and become full and active partners in their treatment.
Contact Dr. Weatherall if you have any questions or to see if he can help you with a problem.
- The Arthritis Society
- J. Gerber, 1993. Handbook of Preventative and Therapeutic Nutrition. Gaithersburg, MA: Aspen Publishers.
- 1997. The Merck Manual of Medical Information, Home Edition. Ed. R. Berkow. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck Research Laboratories.
- 1993. Primer on the Rheumatic Diseases, Tenth Edition. Ed. H.R. Schumacher Jr. Atlanta, GA: Arthritis Foundation.
- J.J. Calabro 1986. Rheumatoid Arthritis: Diagnosis and Management. Clinical Symposia Vol 38, Number 2. Summit, NJ: CIBA-GEIGY.
- 1998. Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 1998. Ed. L.M.Tierney Jr. et al. Stamford, CT: Appleton & Lange.
- T.R. Yochum and L.J. Rowe, 1996. Essentials of Skeletal Radiology. Volume Two, Second Edition. Baltimore, MA: Williams & Wilkins.