Your first visit
- After you complete forms concerning your contact information and medical history, I obtain a detailed history of your current problem(s). If the problem is outside of the scope of practice of chiropractic, I’ll refer you to the appropriate health care provider.
- I describe the procedures, risks, and alternatives to the physical assessment. I then perform a thorough physical examination directed toward your specific problem and other suspected problems. I may advise you to obtain specific x-rays before or after the physical examination.
- Following examination, I give you a report of findings including your diagnosis and the proposed treatment. Treatments usually involve a combination of joint therapies, associated therapies, massage, and postural and lifestyle advice. Again, if the problem is outside of the scope of practice of chiropractic, I’ll refer you to the appropriate health care provider.
- After reviewing the proposed treatment procedures and their risks and alternatives, you complete the informed consent form.
- Your first treatment on your path to wellness begins!
During additional visits, treatment continues and is modified as your condition progresses. At the appropriate time, I’ll give you specific stretches, strengthening exercises, and lifestyle changes. These home care activities are important for you to gain control of your condition and maintain it after you have completed your course of therapy.
Throughout your treatment, I periodically reevaluate you to determine the status of your condition and to determine any necessary changes in your treatment plan.
New problems or recurrences of old ones will need to be evaluated as such and may require a new treatment cycle.